Interesting Fun Bingo Facts
Bingo is clearly a very popular game that has been around for a long time. One of the reasons the game has not only been around so long but has also continued to become more and more popular is due to how much fun it really is. If you like to play bingo, then you will get a kick out of these interesting and fun facts about bingo.
- In the year 2010, there were only ten online bingo sites on the Internet. Now, in 2019 there are more than 375 online bingo sites for UK players
- Bingo used to be predominantly a woman’s game. Today, men and women from all walks of life enjoy playing bingo.
- Bingo became extremely popular during the 1900s and it used to be known by the name “Beano”. A travelling salesman misheard the name being called out and thought it was “Bingo” this is how the name was changed.
- The US, UK, and Japan are the three countries that have the largest number of bingo players.
- An average of 26 people a year takes a trip to the hospital due to overexcitement they experience when they receive a winning bingo call.
- On average, 96% of people have claimed that they have won at bingo at least one time.
- $100,000,000 is spent in a one week period on bingo cards in the United States alone.
- Another funny fact is that a majority of people who play online bingo also own at least one cat.
- Bingo is becoming more popular with celebrities. Catherine Zeta Jones and George Clooney are just two of the celebrities who are known to really love playing the game of bingo.
- It was during the 1500’s that the game which would become known as bingo began being enjoyed in Italy.
- When it comes to winning bingo combinations, the numbers are amazing. There are over 552,446,474,061,129,000,000,000,000 winning combinations.
- Eight percent of the population enjoys playing the game of bingo. Of this eight percent, 5% of them are men and 10% are women.? This is a real statistic I can’t figure out!
- 10% of bingo players have a lucky dauber or another type of lucky charm that they bring with them in order to increase their chances of winning. While superstitions may not work, they do make some players feel as if it really works and they may feel as if they shouldn’t even play if they can’t bring their lucky item with them.